PAYMENT PROCEDURES FOR FIT´S, GROUPS AND CRUSESHIP PASSENGERS.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Dear Customer / Travel Agent:
Thank you very much for book your Tour , Shore Excursion or Vacation Package with GREENWAY NATURE TOURS . After to confirm with our Sales department the trip / packages of your preference and according with the Quotation and Itinerary established, we request a pre-payment following the next indications.
PAYMENT POLICY FOR GROUPS, MULTIDAY PACKAGES AND FAMILY VACATIONS.
20% percent DEPOSIT of the total amount when you receive the Confirmation Form by our sales department. Balance, 45 days before the arrival date. If some suppliers (as hotels for example) request pre- payments with more than 2 months in advance, we will contact the customer and request the balance earlier. This policy can apply for special dates such as Christmas, New Year, and Holy Week.
For Vacation Packages: If cancellation is made 45 days or more prior to the scheduled trip, a 10% of the deposit is forfeited. If cancellation is made 45-30 days the entire 50% deposit is forfeited. If cancellation is made 30-1 days before scheduled trip, total deposit is forfeited.
For Shore Excursions : If cancellation is made 8 days or more prior to the scheduled trip a 10% handling fee , is made.
If cancellation is made 7-1 days before scheduled trip, total deposit is forfeited.
PRE-PAY & PAY ACCOUNT BY WIRE TRANSFER: If you prefer to pay by bank deposit, please contact our main office for additional information.
CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS. In case the customer wants to pay by credit card, we will send our Credit Card Authorization Form that has to fill out and send to our office to the Fax 011(506) 240-0309 .
FIT´S / NON GROUPS FOR ONE DAY TOURS .
1. Because of the fact that Greenway Nature Tours is an operator of daily tours and multi day packages, there are no conditions about the time in advance in which a reservation should be made, with the exception of the tours that require a certain number of passengers to be done. This fact would be informed immediately.
2. To guarantee the reservation, the information about the passenger should be faxed, and the payment should be done upon confirmation, excluding the cases in whish the client is already in compliance with the regulations about credit thought our Accounting Department.
3. Any special information about the passenger should be written in the voucher and faxed at the time of scheduling the reservation.
4. The agency or client that makes a reservation should require a written confirmation from our Reservations Department, as a guarantee for the services.
5. The agency that schedules the reservation, may request Greenway Tours to take the payment directly from the client at the pick up time. However, the agency should take total responsibility in the case of "no show" by paying the normal service fee to Greenway tours.
6. Written cancellations must be received at least 24 hours prior to the departing time of the tour, in order to avoid any charge.
7. Charges about cancellations of tours that require lodging are conditioned to the respective hotel cancellation policy. Greenway Tours is responsible for operation the tour since the confirmation of the reservation is done. As a result, the charge for cancellations received less than 24 hours prior to the reserve will be 100%.
8. Despite the above policy, if a passenger requires to cancel a reservation less than 24 hours in advance, Greenway Tours gives the option of changing the date of service, but only if the tour is a regular one.
9. Regular tours are defined as the One Day tours that are operated by Greenway Tours.
10. In the case of "NO SHOW" the service will be charged according to our regular fees.
11. Greenway tours will wait 5 minutes for a passenger after the specific pick up time. Then, the guide will ask the hotel to stamp his document in order to prove that he was there at the time and he will continue the tour. For that, the client will be charged as NO SHOW.
CRUISE PASSENGERS: PUNTARENAS OR LIMON SHORE EXCURSIONS.
12. After the agreement with the customer, Greenway Tours will send by email the Confirmation Form indicating details about the tour departure time and meeting instructions. Greenway Tours work with SHIP TIME in order to avoid confusions with pick up times.
13. For cruise passengers we will wait for the necessary time if there are delays with the docking procedures or clearance by the local authorities. In case that the ship can't dock due really bad weather conditions or any special reason, we guarantee to all of our customers a FULL REFUND . However, if the ship docks, trips operate rain or shine and we can't accept last minute cancellations due normal rainy conditions.
14. Greenway Tours will wait 10 minutes for a passenger after the specific Pick Up time. After this time, the tour will leave and the client will be charged as NO SHOW .
15. Meeting Instructions : You will met at the cruise pier. As you disembark your ship, you will pass through security. Immediately after that, look for a representative of Greenway Tours , holding a sign with your party's name. If you need assistance call Mario at Greenway Tours Office at 297-0889 or cel 337-3581
16. Passengers between 3-10 years old are considered children. Their fee is 80% of the adult fee.
17. Passengers over 10 years old will pay the adult normal fee.
18. Passengers under 3 years old are considered infants and do not pay any fee. Parents will assume their expenses and provide their meals.
19. Greenway Tours reserves the right to change the route if any tour is considered to be beneficial to the client. Greenway Tours reserve the right to exclude any participant in the tour if his/her behaviour is unbecoming or injurious to the welfare of the group.
20. In some case, Greenway Tours acts as an agent and requires external services from hotels, tour operators, restaurants, etc. In these cases, their insurance and cancellation policies have priority over us. Nevertheless our vehicles have the best insurance coverage's allowed by the Costa Rican government and an additional insurance for Tour Operators.
21. In some tours, such as rafting, canopy, tree tops walks, etc, Greenway Nature Tours or our suppliers will request to the customer to fill out and sign a waiver. In the case the customer denied to sign it up, the company could take the decision to exclude the client from that specific activity and explore a substitute activity.
GREENWAY NATURE TOURS , as a recognized tour company, acts only as an agent for the passenger in regard to travel, whether by car, motor coach, boat or plane and assumes no liability during such travel for injury, damage, loss, accident, delay or irregularity which may be occasioned either by reason of defect in any vehicle or for any company person engaged in covering the passenger or in carrying out the arrangements of the tour. GREENWAY NATURE TOURS assumes no liability for the loss or personal effects or baggage. The right is reserved to cancel or substitute stops on any tour without notice, and to use the services of affiliated companies as deemed necessary.
CERTIFICATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS:
GREENWAY NATURE TOURS is a recognized and certified Travel Agency and Tour Operator by the government of Costa Rica , according with the laws and regulations estipulate by the Costa Rica Tourist Board (ICT). Our memberships includes: ASTA . American Society of Travel Agents, IGLTA and GRUPO PROIMAGEN DE COSTA RICA . All documents and certifications can be provided to any customer upon request.
NOTE: When other individuals or companies are used to provide services, their insurance payment and cancellation policies will apply.